Cookies and The Backpackers Club website
Using this site will cause functional cookies to be written to your computer or device.
As a general explanation, cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a webpage. Your web browser sends these cookies back to the website or application on each pageview so that they can recognise you and remember things like which user you are, or your selection in a shopping cart. The main types can be classified as:
- Functional cookies - these are required for the operation of the site as they help the website remember information when moving between pages
- Analytics cookies - these are used by websites to understand how people use the website
- Advertising cookies - these are third party cookies used for targetting and correct recording of the amount of advertising a website has served.
The Backpackers Club website only uses functional cookies to allow the site to work as you move between pages and to allow us to know which user you are when you are logged in so that you can make Forum posts, etc. These cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising.
If you tick the 'Remember me' check box under the Login username and password this will also set a cookie. The cookies that may be set are:
* SESSTMPCOOKIE - to store a temporary session id
* e107_debug_level - to set the level for the debug functionality
* e107_tdOffset - determine server time offset: 12 or 24 hrs
* e107_tdSetTime - determine the server time
* e107_tzOffset - time zone offset in minutes
* e107_cookie - when you select the 'Remember me' preference to save your login information between sessions
* PHPSESSID - standard PHP (the language the website is written in) session cookie